Maybe early version 7 ?

Our Mitchell Museum gets many great questions we'll try to post here to help more than one person...
Robcfish

Maybe early version 7 ?

Post by Robcfish »

Howdy gentleman.
I recently uncovered a Garcia Mitchell 3-0-0 with SN 7958842. Also has a larger 2 stamped on it, located towards the rear of foot.
I noticed under dating reels. 1967 SN's 7282575-7895887.
And 1968 SN's 7959216-8570529. Then it mentions that the earliest version 7's SN is 7959216.
So did I uncover possibly a very early version 7, or did I uncover
A late 1967?
Thanks again Rob C

Wallace Carney

Re: Maybe early version 7 ?

Post by Wallace Carney »

:twocents-mytwocents: Mr Fish, Please study what I’ve said about serial numbers being used to help determine what year a reel was created and you’ll see me say that my study helps you determine the years your serial number was created. Now you need to understand the following:

First and foremost, when I first started writing a spreadsheet to help me understand what exactly the serial numbers meant, I started without any help from anyone! We were being told that serial numbers meant nothing! So I started with that and 6 years later I was so excited about what I had learned, I shared it on a group called ORCA and I was literately attacked for what I was saying! Now it’s about 30 years later and I see my study being used by most everyone even the self-proclaimed experts!!!

In my study I make it clear that this method is how YOU can determine what year a reel was made, plus it also helps YOU to determine what years your reel was created by having the tools YOU need that may help YOU decide what year! Many people that use my study without knowing the tools they

You should know that I created my study based on all of the reels that I’ve owned and have personally inspected inside-out and have the original packaging but mainly the ones with matching serial numbers on their box and their reels! This includes well over 850 reels and still growing! The point of everything I’ve said is; unless I have every single reel that was made, knowing that I can’t, there’s always going to have gaps between every reels between the highest SN and the next lowest SN, and that is for YOU to do or make the final decision!n

So now if you think about it, everyone can say what years they have figured out that their reel was made, right? So again if you think about it, we came from being able to possibly knowing what decade a reel was made, maybe, to knowing what year it was made within a two year period, and everyone should be happy with that, but I know there’s always going to be someone who will do nothing but bicker and complain and that’s the way it is, and will always be, period, and you’re welcome?

Your Mitchell Mate!
Wallace
:text-bravo: :banana-rainbow: :banana-dreads: :banana-dance: :text-imsorry:

Robcfish

Re: Maybe early version 7 ?

Post by Robcfish »

Well I'm not bickering or complaining, and I very much appreciate you're opinion and the fact that you shared you're study with the world. It has been very helpful. I as well have several hundred Mitchell reels as well as Garcia Mitchell reels plus a plethora of of other brands of reels. Some assumed I haven't been collecting for very long, and that is not very true. I am new to the reel museum as I just recently discovered it. I do thank you and everyone else for there knowledge as I have learned alot recently. I look forward to learning more from this site. And getting questions answered even if there long, full of assumptions and don't quite answer the question. I do very much appreciate you for a question directed at Chris. As I appreciate everybody's opinion and knowledge they are willing to share. Thank you, Thank you Thank you
Rob C Fish