Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:49 am • #  

Bought 5 x 3rd versions in a lot last week
One of them has cross-wind gears.

It doesn't have a serial number unfortunately and the handle
is a regular alu/black. All the other features are typical for the early 3rd version.

Wallace, this could be the one you are looking for to compare to your CW on page 67 of your book ?

About the handle knob on that one I mailed you some time ago but I suppose you did not have time to reply at the time, I understand.
It was the knob of another French made reel b.t.w.

Regards,
Jean-Paul

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:32 pm • #  
Administrator

JPC wrote:
It doesn't have a serial number unfortunately and the handle is a regular alu/black. All the other features are typical for the early 3rd version. Wallace, this could be the one you are looking for to compare to your CW on page 67 of your book ?

About the handle knob on that one I mailed you some time ago but I suppose you did not have time to reply at the time, I understand. It was the knob of another French made reel b.t.w.

Hey JP, Sorry for all the delays my friend, they are not intentional I assure you. Getting back to my old self, I'm trying to catch up now ;)

All of the cross wind 3rd version Mitchell reels that were factory originals had "A" prefix serial numbers and of course, the red handle knob. I've seen many like your that have been upgraded.

I'm embarrassed to say, I don't remember the reel you sent me. Can you describe it in detail, please kind sir...

All the best,
Wallace

Like Using This Site? Please Support Us By Clicking The Link Below

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:24 am • #  

Wallace Carney wrote:
JPC wrote:
It doesn't have a serial number unfortunately and the handle is a regular alu/black. All the other features are typical for the early 3rd version. Wallace, this could be the one you are looking for to compare to your CW on page 67 of your book ? About the handle knob on that one I mailed you some time ago but I suppose you did not have time to reply at the time, I understand. It was the knob of another French made reel b.t.w.
Hey JP, Sorry for all the delays my friend, they are not intentional I assure you. Getting back to my old self, I'm trying to catch up now ;) All of the cross wind 3rd version Mitchell reels that were factory originals had "A" prefix serial numbers and of course, the red handle knob. I've seen many like your that have been upgraded. I'm embarrassed to say, I don't remember the reel you sent me. Can you describe it in detail, please kind sir... All the best, Wallace

So, basically it's like the CW in your book on page 67, or am I missing something here ?

The handle knob of the same reel (p 67) I will have to lookup again (I did not save the message I send you). I only remember is belongs to a another brand (French but not Michell) and an early version of it. Could be SAP but I'll check, it will take me some time to find it, it's somewhere in a hugh pile of documentation I have gathered over the years (I really should start organising that...).

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply