Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 pm • #  

Went fishing today in a small PA stream with a 3rd version egg shaped mitchell reel.

Last edited by Dennis2149 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 pm • #  

Catch of the Day. Dennis2149

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 pm • #  

Hi Dennis2149,

That is a beautiful trout - Congratulations :clap . Just can't beat a day on a trout stream with a Mitchell in hand.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm • #  

Thanks Chris. I agree that a Mitchell in hand is the way to go. Also, I enjoy your Maine Vacation Pics every year. I've been doing only catch and release so the trout in the pic is back in the stream for hopefully another mitchell reel fisherman. Regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:54 pm • #  

Was fishing again for trout today but caught this pickerel instead. Still, was alot of fun with a Mitchell 308 on a Pennsylvania Stream. Best regards, Dennis2149

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm • #  

Hi Mates. Hopefully you're not tired of my Pennsylvania fishing pics. Was on a stream with my twin brother today when I again caught some nice trout with my Mitchell 3rd version half bail. I enjoy fishing the half bails but I must admit that I understand why the full bails are considered an improvement. The full bails are a bit easier to use especially when it's windy out. The level wind gearing seems to perform fine for me. Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:31 pm • #  

Hi Dennis2149,

I personally never tire of seeing beautiful fish and classic Mitchell reels. Great photos - Especially love that last one, a beautifully chubby Brown :tup . You're having a great season so far...continued luck! :sCh_fisherman:

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 pm • #  

Here is a picture of my Go To outfit. GM 331 with Garcia Conolon 2510 7' rod. Perfect for the fish I target. Got these plus others from kayak in local lake.
Kim :sCh_fisherman:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:24 pm • #  

Thanks Chris and nice catch Kim. Like that Conolon Rod too. I have some Conolon Rods in storage that I need to rig up. I previously mentioned that I've been fishing with my twin brother (identical). Here is a pic of his recent catch and fishing outfit. Dennis2149

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 pm • #  

Mates, fishing again today on a PA Stream and caught a nice rainbow trout--see pic. You may notice that I had to change out the original reel handle on my 3rd version egg shaped reel. I was suprised to find that the small pin that goes through the handle had completely moved to one side causing the handle to wobble while in use. I couldn't seem to re-center the pin so therefore replaced the handle with one from a 5th version Mitchell 300. Wishing the best to all the mates. Dennis2149

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:37 pm • #  

Caught another Chain Pickerel yesterday morning with a Mitchell 308. I hope all the Mitchell Mates have a safe Labor Day Weekend. Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:59 pm • #  

Hi Dennis,

Very nice pickerel - especially on a GM 308 :clap . Good to see a Mate had a good day on the water with a Mitchell - rain and chilly here in Virginia today :bored . But a good day to spend in the reel room catching up on goings on here in the Forums :sHa_okay:

Best Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:34 pm • #  

Dennis where in PA do you fish. I've been doing a lot of trout fishing, in Chester & Cumberland counties.

May your lines always be tight, Don

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:24 pm • #  

Hi Don,
I generally fish The Chest Creek Watershed and small dams in the Northern Cambria County Vicinity. I haven't been out much this season due to weather conditions. My Mitchells have been growling at me. I hope to maybe get out tomorrow and if I'm successful, take some pics and start a 2018 Fishing in Pennsylvania subject. However, if you're having success, I hope that you will post pics of your catches.
Best regards, Dennis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:12 pm • #  

Mates,

Three weeks till I'm headed north to open up the cabin in Maine and get in LOTS of trout fishing with a few Mitchells. I can't wait. :sFun_crazydance: :sFun_crazydance: But like Dennis said, hope the weather improves - there's still a lot of snow in the woods up there right now :sFun_bricks: . Actually, I don't even care just to get back into camp and fish my old home waters....Photos will follow.

Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 pm • #  

Hi Chris,
I again look forward to your Maine fishing pics. I did catch a few trout yesterday. Nothing too big but the GM Reels and I had fun. Hope to post some pics soon.
Best regards, Dennis

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply