Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:28 am • #  

I believe you need fish your Micthell sometimes, or they will get very sad. :sHa_biggrin: Here, using an old Mitchell 304 CAP (1953's/1957's) last boat trip.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 am • #  

Hello Mauricio, Looking at the pictures in your posts I have to say you have a nice collection of Mitchell reels. I think I see by the pictures of your boat that you also fish with Abu-Garcia level wind reels. I also use them and have a few of them. Can't go out in my boat right now ,it's 10 degrees F and snowing in a lot of the eastern U.S. this morning.It looks like you have a very nice boat ,and you keep it spotless. Regards, John in Pa. U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 pm • #  

Oscillator1 wrote:
Hello Mauricio, Looking at the pictures in your posts I have to say you have a nice collection of Mitchell reels. I think I see by the pictures of your boat that you also fish with Abu-Garcia level wind reels. I also use them and have a few of them. Can't go out in my boat right now ,it's 10 degrees F and snowing in a lot of the eastern U.S. this morning.It looks like you have a very nice boat ,and you keep it spotless. Regards, John in Pa. U.S.A.

Hi, Pal. In fact, that casting reel isn't an Abu, but a copy, a Sanger Aquantic, a good reel that appear sometimes in restrict european catalogues ;) . The other one is an Alvey, other of my passions. That pic was taked when the temp here was about 32ÂșC, a real hell :sHa_biggrin:

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply