Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:56 pm • #  

Hi Mates,
Got a little fishing in with my twin brother recently. I have only a couple of pics to post. Having difficulty getting pics off of my old school flip phone onto the computer. Anyway, Chris is correct, we found that the old Garcia Mitchell 304 works pretty well. I hope don309 will be posting some of his Philadelphia catches. Please enjoy the pics.
Best regards, Dennis

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 pm • #  

Spent the day the Wissahickon creek, in Philadelphia. Caught 13 to 15 brown and rainbow trout. Had my UL Fenwick 140 rod and Mitchell 204 reel. It was a fine day!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May your lines always be tight, Don

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:25 pm • #  

Hi Don,
Beautiful catch of fish. You obviously have a great fishing spot. Thanks for sharing. Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:09 pm • #  

Hi Mates,
A few pics from a recent outing. Nothing huge but fun to catch with the old Mitchell Reels.
Best regards, Dennis2149

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:05 pm • #  

Dennis,
Thanks for sharing, the pictures. I always said "A bad day fishing, is better than any day working". Really can't say it now that I'm retired, but always think it. Looking forward to flounder fishing NJ next week. Taking a few light reels with me, hope to be able to post some pictures

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm • #  

I picked up my first 2 round body 304 reels, this weekend Figured I'd test them out today, before the rain. Fished for an hour, and caught 3 trout. One on the 2nd cast 1st picture. Third picture is one of the spots I fish, 5 mins. from home.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:10 pm • #  

Dennis,
The 304 I took didn't retrieve the line smoothly. after landing a fish! But I'll look at the reel closely, and see if I see any problems. and address it in the right discussion forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 pm • #  

Hi Don,
Nice fishing rig and catch. You have a nice place to fish close to home. The rain doesn't seem to want to let up lately. The 304's are new to me and Chris will be the mate to respond to the line lay issue. I know that some 304's have Mitchell's Planamatic gearing which probably works better. I think Chris is currently in Maine and will be sharing some beautiful Mitchell Round Body catches upon his return.
Best regards, Dennis

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:37 pm • #  

Dennis, beautiful place to fish and nice looking Brown Trout? too...I wish I had that stream 5 min from home...I'd be late for dinner all summer...

Sandman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 pm • #  

Fished this morning, with the Conolon rod I built with a 308 reel. Water was a little dirty, but the fish were biting. White trout magnet was the bait of the day. One of the fish is a 16" hook mouth rainbow trout. Can't see it but the guides are rapid reduction, casts great.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply