Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Trout
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:41 pm • #  

Dennis here's some photos, from earlier in the season. Being retired I fish about 4-5 times a week. I fish Pennypack & Wissahickon creeks, both in Philly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May your lines always be tight, Don

Post subject: Re: Trout
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:58 pm • #  

Hi don309, Nice catch of trout there ,when your ready to have a fish fry let me know. I'm not very far away , just up 309 to the Allentown area. I'm retired also and get out fishing for trout but not quite 5 days a week . Still trying to figure out how.
to post pictures , I only have an I pad but I was told it can be done. Regards & tight lines , John in Pa.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 pm • #  
Global Moderator

don309,
I am very envious. :sSa_sadeyes: Those are great looking fish. I've never been able to catch a "goldy". They are just too smart for me. :sCh_taz:

Oscillator1,
Do you have any apps, on your pad, that will allow to size your pictures? If so try sizing down to 800 pixels, then try the "upload attachments".

Regards,
Ted Lanham

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:01 am • #  

don309, nice day of fishing...I'll be going next weekend...I hope I do as well as you...I'll share photos if i do...

Sandman

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 am • #  

John in PA,
I'm planning on going to Stony creek, sometime next week after the water clears some. Going to be stormy this week end. Then it's time to break out the 206, for flounder. Love catching em on that reel. NJ flounder opens May 25th. I like going to Manasquan inlet, nice to fish their. But not on weekends, way to many boats and people. I have a 1/2 of an old wooden door, to place over the water at your feet. I can stand flat & dry ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

May your lines always be tight, Don

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 am • #  

Hi Don,
Love the pic with the Golden Trout. I've only ever caught one and that was 50 years ago in Bedford County PA. I still use the same 6th Version Garcia Mitchell 300. Like Ted stated, they're just too smart for me. Congrats, Dennis2149

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply