opening day of fishing in Wisconsin

Here you can show off your collection or share your favorite Mitchell fishing reels, catches and spots!
ffwayne

opening day of fishing in Wisconsin

Post by ffwayne »

Good supper tonight. Mitchell 540 with a Conolon 2460. Anyone have a sideplate they would like to part with? 2460 wasn't as stiff as I care for casting either, suggestions?
Attachments
20220507_154531a.jpg
20220507_154531a.jpg (731.18 KiB) Viewed 2828 times

piscesman

Re: opening day of fishing in Wisconsin

Post by piscesman »

Welcome to the site. :text-welcomeconfetti: The big auction site would be your best bet. Also, there may be someone here that knows a person that has new old stock plates for sale. Not many 540's made so getting someone to part with one may be tricky. The fish look fantastic. Cooking on grill or pan???
Kim

don309

Post by don309 »

ffwayne, looks like 5 fish limit their just like here in PA. Not many brook trout near me. I eat a few trout, my dog gets most of them, the flounder are all mine.
Sending you a PM.
Don

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
ffwayne

Post by ffwayne »

Thanks Kim and Don.
Regulations vary from stream to stream. Streams in my area have a 5 per day, no length, requirement. Some have 3 per day over 8". Some are 1 over a certain length. You can have 10 per day, but that is too much for me to eat. I usually give away my catch to neighbors.

KIm, I was lucky enough to score the reel on the big site along with an unused rod. Since it had seen use and I have another unused 540, it was the perfect choice for opening day. I really do have to get the 440 special sideplate off as it is unmarked. My guess is I may be the only fisherman using such wonderful gear. Next I think I will try out an 840.

Hoping someone will post info on the rods again. Alas, I sure miss the old site.