Off the topic

Here you can show off your collection or share your favorite Mitchell fishing reels, catches and spots!
don309

Off the topic

Post by don309 »

Today I had to put, my best buddy & loyal companion (Croix) to sleep. I post this because some of you would often ask about Croix.
Attachments
Black and Grey Obituary Landscape Poster - Made with PosterMyWall (1).jpg
Black and Grey Obituary Landscape Poster - Made with PosterMyWall (1).jpg (232.83 KiB) Viewed 12487 times

Not home retired and fishing! Or playing with my Mitchell's!
Bonaventure

Re: Off the topic

Post by Bonaventure »

Really sorry Don, he was a handsome dog. I know he was a great companion to you. Losing our little friends really hurts.

All best wishes

Glen

G. Glen Simpson
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

My condolences for your loss. It's never easy to do the right thing for your extended family. Knowing you gave them your all and treated them well helps you through. You always know what they thought of you when you walk through the door after being away. That speaks volumes. Time does heal but not completely. Last one before present one was 2014. Newbie, we brought her home Feb, 2022. Very quiet the 1st week then out of her shell. We sometimes call out the other family members before her name. He was a very handsome guy...............
Kim

FusilDarne

Post by FusilDarne »

I have been where you now are. I will be there, again. You have my deepest sympathy.

I have been owned by several generations of bird dogs, all Setters, who seem to be well able to handle my deep character flaws, and do so, willingly. If heaven goes by merit, all my dogs will go, but, I suspect I might have trouble getting in. Nonetheless, my dogs would vouch for me.

Ted

FusilDarne

Post by FusilDarne »

FusilDarne wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 am I have been where you now are. I will be there, again. You have my deepest sympathy.

I have been owned by several generations of bird dogs, all Setters, who seem to be well able to handle my deep character flaws, and do so, willingly. If heaven goes by merit, all my dogs will go, but, I suspect I might have trouble getting in. Nonetheless, my dogs would vouch for me.

My current guardian angel, hunting partner, and best friend:

best free png sites

Her name is Louise, or, Louie, for short. She is now ten, and I realize our time together is less than the years we have had.

Ted

Bailarm

Post by Bailarm »

Sorry for your loss, Don. I don't think anything hurts as much.

}<)))'> Bailarm
don309

Post by don309 »

Thank you all very much!!! I do feel comfort in knowing Croix and I had a good life together. Though it did happen rather quickly. Starting with a hine leg limp, and trouble up & down steps. It was first diagnosed as arthritis as it quickly got worst I had the vet Xray him. Showing that the lower thrid of his spine had no cushion located between the vertebrae. Making it hard to get up and walk. I alway told him I'd take care of him. And if he did have a good quality of life he would not suffer.
On another note I have begun to look for a dog to rescue, to fill the void here. On sunday we are going to meet Maya a 2 yaer old Lab Retriever mix.
Again THANK YOU ALL FOR kind words!!

GreatLaker

Post by GreatLaker »

Don,
My condolences and best wishes.
Kind Regards,
Bill

don309

Post by don309 »

While Croix was a great loss to us and will never be forgotten!!! Losing him left a deep vois in our lives, we decided to save another dog. So meet to newest member of the family Maya.
Attachments
20230327_160852-COLLAGE.jpg
20230327_160852-COLLAGE.jpg (278.01 KiB) Viewed 12350 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 12350 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (269.54 KiB) Viewed 12350 times

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

WOW, Don she's a keeper!!!!! Sweet face and gentile disposition. You can't ask for more. Doesn't look that old and seems housebroken. Now, how will she handle being your new fishing partner???? :text-bravo: :text-coolphotos:
Kim

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Just in time for spring fishing! She is old enough to go as well.

Best wishes again.

Glen :text-bravo:

don309

Post by don309 »

LOL funny thing she's a Lab/Retriver mix and doesn't like the water. She's a digger in the yard. So I filled a 2'X4'X2" pan with water, to get the dirh off her paws before coming in the house. I could.t even drag her in it :o .