Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 pm • #  

Some time ago I noticed on a website (of a reel collector ???) a picture of a scale modell Mitchell delivery truck.
I can't seem to find that picture anymore (Google pic's, etc,...).
Anyone knows wich one it is or has a picture of the truck in question ?

I am not sure what model it was but it did have the Mitchell logo on it (Mitchell in typical writing), probably a custom made model I do not know.

I think Mitchell used the "Citroën 55" in the late 1950's (from 1955 I suppose), at least that is the model that looks to most like some of the trucks on old pictures (like the picture in the book "Moulinets de la vallée de L'Arve")

JPC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:58 am • #  

Your question has poped up in several places, thanks to busy bots, but no mention of that truck model or the actual vehicle anywhere.

Could be a problem with search engines, they seem to ignore what one is searching for in favor of what the providers want you to see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:08 pm • #  

Found a pictures on the internet, I hope it is not copyright protected :blush I believe the first 3 (left R to L) are Citroen 55 ?
Pictures of Citroen 55-scale models also attached to compare
JP

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm • #  

I wonder if they had a Mitchell truck right out of the box? Companies sometimes commission things like that as promotional items or gifts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:45 pm • #  

Smead wrote:
I wonder if they had a Mitchell truck right out of the box? Companies sometimes commission things like that as promotional items or gifts.

I remember having seen such a scale model with "Mitchell" on it , don't know if it was commisioned or self-made. If I only could remember where I saw it (it was on a website I'm sure...).
JP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:55 am • #  

Found it.... finally
Renault Estafette 1962

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 pm • #  

Cool!!

It looks to have a detailed interior too.

Do you know the scale and whether it was made by a hobbyist or was commissioned to be done professionally??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 am • #  

Don't know, but I think it is done by a hobbyist.
The second picture is from another one not having the logo (was looking for the type of car when I found that one).
I would be nice to see what different trucks Mitchell used over the years, but I have only found one "original" picture (the b/w one above with all the trucks in a row). I don't know for sure if Mitchell ever used the Renault Estafette ?
JPC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:35 pm • #  

hi, i'm new here. Glad to have found the original picture although the quality of image is not good. I'll make some deeper searches in google image to see if I can find a better one. As google images is with a lot of new feature, lemme fight with it to find. Thanks for the share btw.

SEO Services India: http://kgtech.in

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 am • #  

hi, Im new here .AND Im really insterested in using Mitchell deliv.truck model to scale pictures but I even do not know how to get started. Any tutorail/guide is appreciated.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply