One Happy Camper

Discussions On All Vintage Mitchell Reels...
Bill Smith

One Happy Camper

Post by Bill Smith »

I just received a Mitchell 440 ALC new in the box with complete paperwork. This was a late Christmas present. I can not wait till spring and try this reel out. Can anyone recommend a good rod to go with my dream come true reel. My grandfather and father had a Mitchell autocast 300 series that I learned to fish on, and my dad got a new Michell 440 reel that he was going to give me after I graduated High School, it was stolen on one of his fishing trips. So Happy for this reel, and all the memories I hope it will create for me and my daughter.

Bill Smith Jr. :banana-dreads: :banana-rainbow: :banana-blonde: :banana-blonde:

piscesman

Re: One Happy Camper

Post by piscesman »

Congratulations Bill, and welcome to the site. If it were mine the reel would be paired with a Conolon light action 7', 3 stars or above. It will handle almost any freshwater fish you would target. 6 - 8 lb test and a properly set drag will do the job. Remember when going to cast make sure the bail loop is facing the pole and the lock button is in release mode. Good Luck next year.............. :text-bravo:
Kim

Bill Smith

Post by Bill Smith »

Finally have gotten a custom built rod for the reel, tomorrow fish beware. :banana-tux: :banana-tux: :banana-angel:

Bill Smith

GreatLaker

Post by GreatLaker »

Bill,
Good Luck!!
Kind Regards,
Bill :D