Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:09 am • #  

Hello fellow enthusiasts I would like to start a very small reel restore shop after retirement which is coming pretty soon. My only problem I am having is acquiring parts for the larger Garcia Mitchell reels, on ebay there is a certain person that has cornered the market on parts and he is selling them for an outlandish price. I can pay a very reasonable price for parts. The only reels I would like to restore are the larger Garcia Mitchel starting with the 396,387.486,487, 488, 489, 496, 497, 498 and the 499. I have several parts for the smaller reels that I can sell and trade for a very reasonable and very fair price. I have over 60 smaller reels in excellent condition and some are still in the original boxes. I have 308,309, 306, 307, 406, 407, 304, 300, 400, 401, 302, 304 and others and several parts new and lightly used for these reels so any help would be greatly appreciated . And thanks for all help ahead of time...Gus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:19 am • #  

Hi Gus, good to hear you are setting up a Mitchell parts supply, I started repairing, restoring reels back to good working order and selling them at a reasonable buy now price`s, four years ago, for me its the repair and put back in the anglers hands, I do use them as well I do not collect, I tend to stick to the egg shaped 300, 400 range many parts are acquired from Canada and the USA the postage and customs UK cost is the killer, as used parts are cheap there NOS not so. Where are you maybe we can make contact I am in Essex in the UK, allansharkey@aol.com

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply