Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Parts needed for an 840
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:37 pm • #  

Would anyone have the external counter weight, #82374, for an 840 that they are willing to part with for a price? Also I could use 2 handles, #82396 to make two reels have their correct handles.

Thanks,
Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 am • #  

Wayne, probably not much help here. As you probably know, there weren't allot of those reels made and since those parts are specific to the 840 line, they are not common. if nobody chimes in here, all I can suggest is to search the big auction site...there are some sellers there that sell primarily Mitchell parts you can reach out to directly to ask.

Sandman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 am • #  

Thanks Sandman, doing all that and hoping to find parts at a swap meet. Rotors and bails I can find...whatever happened to all the counter weights? :sCo_hmmthink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 am • #  

Hi Wayne,

I have two counterweights (NOS) for the 840/840 Match in my parts bin. Please, take no offense, but before I would be willing to part with one of them I would need to ask a couple of questions: Is this a part you need for a Mitchell 840 in your collection that you're hoping to restore? To keep in your collection? In which case I would be happy to give you this exceptionally hard to find part. Or is this for a parts reel that is going to show up for auction on the "Big Site" in a couple of weeks? In which case you (nor anyone else) has enough money to buy. Please don't misunderstand, I'm very happy to help out a fellow collector but I just don't want to give away (or ever sell for that matter) a piece that is impossible to get again. I mean no bad feelings and am happy to help but just need to know firsthand. Unfortunately, I don't have any handles for these beautiful reels......Those are really hard to find too.

Kind Regards,
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:31 am • #  

Chris,
The counter weight came today.. :tup
As you can see payment is ready.. :sFun_bananachaplin:
:sSig_thankyou:
Wayne

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:53 pm • #  

Hi Wayne,

Simply Beautiful!!! Almost brings a tear to my eye...……...Nice Mitchell 840 too! :sFun_rofl: .

That's a great reel - Congratulations and happy to help. Still looking for a handle but so far no luck. I'll keep working on it. Hopefully someday, I'll collect payment - we can pop a few tops and talk Mitchell. That would be a great day :sHa_biggrin:

Kind Regards,
Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply