Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: How About A Franken Box
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 pm • #  

Hello Mates,

I've been out-of-pocket for the last few weeks up in Maine, doing some deer hunting at my cabin so just now catching up. We've seen some impressive (and not so impressive) Franken Mitchell reels but how about a Mitchell Franken Box? I've had this KILT 0 for a couple of months. The KILT 0 is real, Ser # 5549828 and is in nice used condition but the reason I bought this is for the box. I knew the box wasn't real, but it looked to me that it was nicely done.

Attachment:
KILT 0 Frankenbox.jpg

Attachment:
KILT 0 Frankenbox 1.jpg

Attachment:
KILT 0 Frankenbox 2.jpg

Someone clearly spent some time and effort on this box as the seams are tight and the overlay is well secured. It's quite unique and I think a nice addition to my collection - I probably won't see another one :sHa_yes: . So now back to the Washington DC grind so I'll be around the Forum for a while - looking forward to evenings conversing :tup .

Regards,
Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 pm • #  

Welcome Home Chris,
Was Black Bear hunting here in PA today. Cold and snowy. No bear but lots of fresh tracks. Like that Franken Box. Unique.

Best regards, Dennis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 pm • #  

The printing on the box is extremely well done...could pass for factory if we didn't know better...

Sandman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:40 pm • #  

Welcome Home, Chris!

I went deer hunting a couple times but didn't see any. Too warm I guess. Temp was around 79 to 80 degrees then.

I envy you having a cabin to go to; I drive over 100 miles from home. Hope you had a good time - I know you did!

That's an interesting box. There was one like it on ebay (I think) but it went for more than I was willing to spend. Did someone on the forum get it?

I ramble on. Glad you are back.

Randy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:39 pm • #  

Thanks for the welcome back Dennis, Sandman and Randy - Great to hear from the "Old Guard" of the Forums. I was somewhat concerned when I first logged back on as I didn't see you guys present - good to see you're monitoring - I will too.

Dennis, Growing up in Maine, the two essentials for bear hunting were a large caliber rifle and a great pair of running shoes! :sFun_rofl: . This year put a deer and several partridge in the freezer. Saw a few moose (not in season and no tag) but not a single bear which is uncommon. Best of luck!

Sandman, I agree, the box is very well done and finished in a classy way. I had all of the KILTs before but this box really interested me.

Randy, I did buy this from eBay but found it interesting so I bid for the long run. I just wanted to see the box. Driveway to driveway (home to cabin) is 780 miles, that's why I only get up there a couple times a year - Makes it special. My Father-in-law and I built the Cabin in 1984 on a remote lake and 17 miles back from a paved road - only logging roads into it. In the middle of 749,000 acres there are numerous natural (not stocked) trout streams, rivers and small ponds. The lake has pickerel, perch and brown trout - it's 3 miles wide by 5 miles long. Deer, Moose, Bear, Turkey and all wildlife are a daily occurrence.

I'm always up there in May and November guys...….Fly in to Bangor, ME. I'll pick you up and we'll have a blast fishing or hunting - I guarantee it!

Best Regards,
Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply