First Version Mitchell

Discussions On All Vintage Mitchell Reels...
Ted Lanham

First Version Mitchell

Post by Ted Lanham »

Mates,
In another post rubiconrambler mentioned seeing a first version Mitchell being listed on ebay. I checked it out and, indeed, it appears that is true. I can't recall ever seeing one on there before, so this is a first for me. Based on the pictures it has the characteristics I'd look for in that early reel.
Any thoughts? Here's the listing https://www.ebay.com/itm/275141850203?s ... Track=true

Regards,
Ted Lanham

GreatLaker

Re: First Version Mitchell

Post by GreatLaker »

Ted,
Thanks for the link. :text-goodpost: All I can say is WOW! :o Noticed the bids increased by 2 while I was looking at it. ;) I bet that reel sells for over $1000. :P Any other guesses?? :text-lol:
Kind Regards,
Bill :D

Ted Lanham

Post by Ted Lanham »

Bill,
It's going to be fun to watch.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

Alwaysinthemire

Post by Alwaysinthemire »

I spoke to the fella who was selling it and got some extra photos from him,way out of my price range,he said Wallace had put in a bid,I don’t know if he was successful or not. Lucky person whoever got it.

Ted Lanham

Post by Ted Lanham »

Alwaysinthemire,
I've had some transactions with the seller. Great guy to deal with. I don't know who bought it, but as far as I'm concerned, he got a rare piece. Also, way out of price range. The 300DL he sold was a great item, too.

Regards,
Ted Lanham

younjefw

Post by younjefw »

Just realized today I should be checking here versus the Facebook Mitchell forum. I was the lucky winner of that beautiful 1st Version reel. Wallace Carney just completed a study on it. Verified a true 1st Version!! He was so gracious and said it was truly a remarkable reel. So I do feel very fortunate. Definitely paid more than expected given the two other bidders regularly running it up against each other!! But been collecting for years and always hoped I'd have a crack at one. Simply bid to win it. Anybody ever near Great Falls, love getting on that Blue Ribbon stretch of the Mighty Missouri, give a shout. Enjoy being a Montana host. Jeff Young

JohnEboy

Post by JohnEboy »

younjefw wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:02 pm Just realized today I should be checking here versus the Facebook Mitchell forum. I was the lucky winner of that beautiful 1st Version reel. Wallace Carney just completed a study on it. Verified a true 1st Version!! He was so gracious and said it was truly a remarkable reel. So I do feel very fortunate. Definitely paid more than expected given the two other bidders regularly running it up against each other!! But been collecting for years and always hoped I'd have a crack at one. Simply bid to win it. Anybody ever near Great Falls, love getting on that Blue Ribbon stretch of the Mighty Missouri, give a shout. Enjoy being a Montana host. Jeff Young
Very nice reel, it certainly did generate some strong bidding so congratulations on your win .

Ted Lanham

Post by Ted Lanham »

A great reel.

Ted Lanham

JohnEboy

Post by JohnEboy »

Hi
Does anyone have an active link to the ebay listing for this reel please ?

The link in the OP no longer works for me and I would like to see the images again and sale price .

thanks
John

Ted Lanham

Post by Ted Lanham »

JohnEboy,
All those pics are gone, but here's one that, I believe, Wallace restored. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ted Lanham
Attachments
Wallaces 1st version.jpg
Wallaces 1st version.jpg (64.29 KiB) Viewed 1454 times

JohnEboy

Post by JohnEboy »

Ted Lanham wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 pm JohnEboy,
All those pics are gone, but here's one that, I believe, Wallace restored. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ted Lanham
Thanks Ted
Such a shame that information is gone .

Yes I have seen this reel that Wallace restored , it really is quite stunning .

Kind regards
John