Mitchel Reel Musem - Mitchel Mates Discussion Group

Mitchell Reel Museum Discussion Group

If you are looking to collect, buy, repair, service, learn, ask questions or go fishing with a vintage Mitchell Fishing Reel, you are at the right place! We are just Mitchell Reel collectors and enthusiast who enjoy an open discussion forum on "vintage" Mitchell Fishing Reels. Please Click Here to learn how to make a post and ask about Mitchell reel service or repairs, get advice on buying or collecting, or any other question in this free public forum.

"Click Here to Find Vintage Mitchell Reels For Sale Worldwide"

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:06 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:43 pm • #  

Hello Mates. I was wondering if some of the schematics listed for the 300 models are from owners' manuals that come with the reels? If so, it seems that many of the newer 300 model schematics are not shown and was wondering if there was a reason for this?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:34 pm • #  

Hello Great Laker, Welcome to the MRM and hope you find answers to any questions you may have here . If your referring to reels that have been manufactured after the demise of the classic egg shaped body , there are a few but not many. Most of the schematics only go up to that point as far as I know. Maybe one of the other Mates has a better explanation, I'm far from an expert on any of the sections of the museum. Best regards and tight lines . John in Pa.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:59 pm • #  

[quote="Oscillator1"]Hello Great Laker, Welcome to the MRM and hope you find answers to any questions you may have here . If your referring to reels that have been manufactured after the demise of the classic egg shaped body , there are a few but not many. Most of the schematics only go up to that point as far as I know. Maybe one of the other Mates has a better explanation, I'm far from an expert on any of the sections of the museum. Best regards and tight lines . John in Pa.[/quote]

Thanks for replying John. Forgive me, but I am kinda new here and still learning.
So when was the demise of the classic egg shaped body? Do you mean 1989? Guess I should have mentioned that I meant 1989 and prior 300 reels, in my question. That said, what I am interested in are the schematics or exploded diagrams that were made which show the parts and part numbers for each reel model. Many were included in the little booklets you got with your 300 reel. Some of the schematics in the MRM are from these, I believe, and some from other sources.
Kind Regards,
Bill :tup

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
New Topic Add Reply