PAGE34 e PAGE ROD

Discussions On All Vintage Mitchell Reels...
Simone Baschirotto

PAGE34 e PAGE ROD

Post by Simone Baschirotto »

Currently we have found only 2 of these rare "PAGE34". The one I own was offered by Mitchell in a trophy played in Italy on Lake Caldonazzo combined with a 2-piece "PAGE" spinning rod, kept by Mr. Luigi Nemicech until 2020. .I found only one other of these in a prestigious collection also in Italy. It was possible to perform a comparison, and compare these PAGE34 (produced and offered by Mitchell) we studied all the stamps and painting methods before presenting it. They have a lot. in common with the M34s. Photos of the interior details are available on request. I am looking for information in order to have a complete picture of this economic line offered by Mitchell and produced in France about which little is known
Attachments
FB_IMG_1625416639286.jpg
FB_IMG_1625416639286.jpg (60.9 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
FB_IMG_1625416648815.jpg
FB_IMG_1625416648815.jpg (57.61 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
FB_IMG_1625416677185.jpg
FB_IMG_1625416677185.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
FB_IMG_1625416755552.jpg
FB_IMG_1625416755552.jpg (29.21 KiB) Viewed 3545 times

Wallace Carney

Re: PAGE34 e PAGE ROD

Post by Wallace Carney »

Hello Simone,

Wow, what a beautiful Mitchell Reel! The rods that go with this M34 are impressive. There are two high end Mitchell collectors who I hope will share their knowledge of this reel. Both are massive collectors of round body reels. I do hope they join in.

Regards, Wallace :text-bravo:

Simone Baschirotto

Thanks Wallace, it is likely that at least one of the 2 you think has seen many of my photos, even before the reel was cleaned and also some internal details. be the best place to find and share information.

cshannon772

Post by cshannon772 »

Hello Mates,
I was both honored and excited to be contacted by Simone several months ago to provide an opinion and evaluation of this Page 34 reel. I evaluated this reel before cleaning, during his cleaning process and prior to reassembly. I've been collecting and studying the "round body" Mitchells for about 10 years and previous to this I had never seen nor even heard of the existence of the Page 34 reel. This reel is unquestionably a Mitchell 340 / M34 and is all original including the blue paint. I am still amazed by this reel and thank Simone for sharing it with me and now all of us. A beautiful and exceptionally rare Mitchell reel. Congratulations Simone on a fantastic find and a beautiful addition to your collection. :banana-tux:

Kind Regards,
Chris

Simone Baschirotto

Yours has been the best help I have had, your experience in the"round body" is enormous and I was happy to preview it with you. Now showing that very particular reel can help you find others and learn more about its history.
Again thanks Chris !!!
Cordialmente,
Simone Baschirotto

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Hello Simone,

I would recommend that you keep this reel in it"s original packaging. if the experts on this site have never seen this edition of the Mitchell 304/314 then it is truly a rare and previously unknown item.

Glen Simpson
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia,
Canada

Simone Baschirotto

Thanks for your comment Glen!. Is an M34 / 340 version manufactured by Mitchell For now we have only counted 2 in the world and it was nice to compare them in every detail. The 2nd PAGE34 is now in a very prestigious collection. I'm sure time will give us other answers. As I have already said I am available to provide any detail or image to experts who can help.
Simone Baschirotto

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

It sure looks to be a Mitchell 304 type to me. It has the MADE IN FRANCE on the case. The Mitchell logo was normally engraved by the handle, they would have omitted this step for this special order.

I believe it is very rare and collectable, but I am neither expert or collector myself

Glen

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

I also intended to add, that the packaging adds to the value of the piece.

Glen

toulady6

Post by toulady6 »

Ciao Simone ,

Beautiful and rare reel
Thanks for sharing

regards Dries

Simone Baschirotto

Thanks Dries! :text-thankyouyellow:

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Hello everyone,

It appears that this fishing kit was for the French market, I am going to attempt a translation of what it says on the cardboard from top to bottom. I am reading from the left hand display card.

I can't read the small script at the very top.

Below this, in red "Lance Complete" means Complete Cast.

Then the Brands Mitchell and Page

The Spinners are called "Cuillers" which is French for Spoon, with Mitchell brand

75 meters of Mitchell brand Nylon, of course is the line

"Canne" in blue letters, means cane in English, in other words the Rod

I am unable to make out the word below this due to the reflection

Below the Red Mitchel Logo, "en fibre de verre" is translated in Fibreglass

The word "Moulinet" would translate as little mill, it is how reel is rendered in French

In blue, below the Red Mitchell Logo, "perfection technique" is self explanatory

Lastly white letters on red, "PRIX de l'ensemble", is price of the Kit, or price of the set.

On the right are 4 female figures in white on the pale blue background. This is a French housewife. I speculate she is saying "Quoi, tu vas encore a la peche?!!!". "What, you're going fishing again?!!!". Hey, look how she's holding her arms.

Hope this is of value.

The packaging is in remarkable shape, everything appears attached other than the reel. Is there any idea what year this "ensemble" was made?

Best Wishes to all Mitchell Mates
Thrilled to be back on this Site :text-thankyouyellow:

G. Glen Simpson
Dartmouth Nova Scotia

piscesman

Post by piscesman »

Absolutely amazing!!! Talk about Holy Grails.... Just when you think nothing else rare would turn up. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! :text-coolphotos:
Kim

Simone Baschirotto

piscesman wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:24 am Absolutely amazing!!! Talk about Holy Grails.... Just when you think nothing else rare would turn up. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! :text-coolphotos:
Kim
:text-thankyouyellow: Mitchell reel still has a lot to discover.
The important thing is to keep the interest high, there are many reels today and few collectors.
Collecting Mitchell is great, you never stop learning.
With a few dollars and the ability to search and observe the details, everyone can find something rare and interesting.

Fishabout

Post by Fishabout »

Quite a few more dollars these days Simone but I agree with you. Cheers.

Simplex

Post by Simplex »

Hello,
Just a few remarks on this reel.
I know someone who has it (not me!). Listed on Ebay a few years ago with rods but no reels by a Swiss seller, the final price was way too high for me
The name "page" was used for the first version of the 320 (see photos of a boxed page with warranty dated August 2, 1966), a reel manufactured before the 340.
Regarding the two kits with rods but without reels, the one on the right is in my opinion the one from the 1966 Mitchell catalog (see attached photos).
On the other kit, the one on the left does not indicate which reel that kit was.
Glen on the subject of Women in White a page was in the Middle Ages a young nobleman who was in the service of a prince or a lord. The text of the guarantee card indicated by the page is "I guarantee you good and loyal service", a text which corresponds well to the role of a Page.
Best regards,
Christian
PAGE BLISTER0001.jpg
PAGE BLISTER0001.jpg (274.28 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
PAGE BLISTER0002.jpg
PAGE BLISTER0002.jpg (286.42 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
PAGE3.jpg
PAGE3.jpg (119.61 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

Bonaventure

Post by Bonaventure »

Good day Simplex,

You are correct, this is a version of the Mitchell 320, the similar 324 has the antireverse lever on the side of the cover, like a 300.

Nice reel for a collector, in it’s original packaging as well.

My first Mitchell was a 320

Have a good day

Glen in Nova Scotia

Simone Baschirotto

Simplex wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:30 am Hello,
Just a few remarks on this reel.
I know someone who has it (not me!). Listed on Ebay a few years ago with rods but no reels by a Swiss seller, the final price was way too high for me
The name "page" was used for the first version of the 320 (see photos of a boxed page with warranty dated August 2, 1966), a reel manufactured before the 340.
Regarding the two kits with rods but without reels, the one on the right is in my opinion the one from the 1966 Mitchell catalog (see attached photos).
On the other kit, the one on the left does not indicate which reel that kit was.
Glen on the subject of Women in White a page was in the Middle Ages a young nobleman who was in the service of a prince or a lord. The text of the guarantee card indicated by the page is "I guarantee you good and loyal service", a text which corresponds well to the role of a Page.
Best regards,
Christian
PAGE BLISTER0001.jpg
PAGE BLISTER0002.jpg
PAGE3.jpg
Ciao! Do you think the Page34 was the first of the M34 series? are they prototypes? or is it a reel produced and offered in some sporting events and not sold to the public?
Are 2 currently very few?
Thank you if you can give me some answers!

Simplex

Post by Simplex »

Hello simone

I do not think this reel is a prototype but a version produced for a limited sale outside France.
If I remember correctly, I think I saw blue-colored 204 (206 ....) reels on sale in Italy. I don't own one.
Best regards,
CL